Clients who seek our advice are not merely looking for answers to specific legal questions; they are looking for solutions that will allow their project to move forward. In most cases, this requires fully understanding the current situation, the options immediately available and the steps to make quick progressive strides.
Our practice advises and represents private and municipal clients in state, federal and municipal environmental and land use matters. We provide direct and prompt assistance to our clients. When necessary, we consult with professionals in other practices to provide comprehensive solutions to our client’s legal and business needs. We work regularly with skilled environmental consultants so we can quickly organize a team of professionals to address an environmental issue efficiently and effectively. We also call upon the expertise of our affiliate, Eaton Peabody Consulting Group (EPCG), to assist in securing local, state and federal funding, and to work with local governments in supporting the redevelopment of properties.
Eaton Peabody’s Environmental & Land Use practice provides legal services related to:
- Brownfields redevelopment
- Energy projects: hydroelectric, windpower,
- Environmental and land use litigation
- Environmental and regulatory compliance
- Environmental due diligence and commercial transactions
- Land use and zoning
- Natural resource protection and permitting
- Oil and hazardous waste management
- Shoreland zoning
- Solid waste management
- Superfund and environmental cleanup matters
- Wetlands and water discharge permitting and enforcement