Effectively protecting your rights to payment and property
A difficult economy creates financial stress. We rely on decades of experience to create cost-effective solutions for individuals and corporations facing financial challenges. Our experience helps us manage stressful situations for clients and their families.
We help restructure, reorganize or wind-down financially stressed businesses. We can also help our clients keep jobs in Maine and grow by acquiring distressed assets from troubled borrowers.
Eaton Peabody understands how to protect your personal and business property from unforeseen and unnecessary risk. We also understand how the law protects and preserves certain rights of creditors. Often, we use our understanding of both creditor and debtor rights to craft a workable solution acceptable to all parties. We work hard to reduce frustration and conserve precious resources.
Whether you are a lessor, debtor or creditor, Eaton Peabody offers legal counsel to help you navigate the challenges of the Bankruptcy Code and its proceedings. We also provide representation for individual, governmental and corporate clients who need to pursue creditor or debtor rights under state or federal law. Our practice continues to provide local counsel for creditors and debtors in such industries as agriculture, aquaculture, automobile, finance, forestry, manufacturing, and utilities.
Eaton Peabody’s Bankruptcy and Creditor/Debtor Rights Practice provides legal services related to:
- Asset sales in and out of bankruptcy
- Business reorganizations and liquidations
- Commercial litigation in state and federal courts, including bankruptcy litigation, collections, lien enforcement and fraudulent transfer actions
- Creditor and debtor representation in proceedings under Chapters 7, 11, 12 and 13 of the Bankruptcy Code
- Foreclosures and evictions
- Residential and commercial loan workouts.