Matthew has nearly 20-years of experience representing clients in real estate and business transactions. As a member of the firm’s Business Practice Group and Real Estate Practice Group, Matt represents institutional lenders, developers and other business entities in a variety of commercial transactions and real estate law issues, including financing, real estate development, and leasing.
Business Lending: Matt represents lenders and borrowers in real estate based business loan transactions, including the purchase and sale of an existing business, new construction, leasehold improvements and refinancing of existing debt, at all phases from advising and structuring loan terms, drafting/review of loan documents, review and preparing title insurance and loan closing.
Development / Leasing / Condominium: Matt represents businesses in acquisition, redevelopment and expansion of existing properties, construction of new facilities and leasing of professional and retail space. Matt also represents developers of residential, commercial and mixed use condominiums in conversion, new development and successor declarant scenarios.
Closely held businesses: Matt represents family owned and small businesses in all aspects of legal matters, including formation, expansion, leasing and purchase or sale of the business and/or its assets, as well as in development of properties including private easements and real estate related issues.
- Represent lender in $10.9 million construction and permanent financing of resort hotel.
- Represent private university in $18 million secured revolving credit facility and $2.3 million loan to finance purchase of new campus property and formation of condominium.
- Represent lender financing $2.3 million acquisition of seafood processing facility.
- Represent lender in $5.9 million multi-loan facility to private yacht builder, secured by fee and leasehold real estate and business assets.
- US real estate counsel to multinational aquaculture company in refinancing $110 million (US) in debt.
- Represent developer in multi-phase development condominium, and merger of existing condominium into second condominium development.
- Represent developer in negotiation and purchase of former military housing, and conversion into residential condominium.
- Represent land owner in sale of portion of industrial compound, and creation of private easements to access out sale parcel.
- Partition of large timberlands ownership interests.