The Penobscot Bay Regional Chamber of Commerce will host its annual Tourism Summit on Wednesday, May 3, at The Summit at Point Lookout in Northport. The event will run from 8:30 am until 3:30 pm and includes a light breakfast and lunch.
“Join us at Point Lookout’s beautiful mountaintop retreat for an informative day designed to help us kick off the 2017 tourism season,“ said Tom Peaco, Executive Director of the Chamber.
During the daylong seminar, community and Chamber members will have the opportunity to hear from and interact with State of Maine tourism experts on a variety of timely topics. Presenters will include Steve Lyons, Acting Director of the Maine Office of Tourism; Steve Hewins, President & CEO of the Maine Innkeepers Association/Maine Restaurant Association; and Jenna Howard, Grant Manager for Maine’s Midcoast & Islands. In addition, Matthew Raynes, an Eaton Peabody attorney specializing in Labor & Employment/Immigration Practice, will discuss employer visa program options.
The Tourism Summit is open to all, and registration is available online through May 1. The cost is $35 for Chamber members, and $45 for non-members. For more information, contact Amy Rollins, Member Services Director, at 207-596-0376 or Amy@CamdenRockland.com.
- Steve Lyons, Acting Director, Maine Office of Tourism
- Steve Hewins, President & CEO, Maine Innkeepers Association/Maine Restaurant Association
- Matthew Raynes, Attorney, Labor & Employment/Immigration Practice, Eaton Peabody — Matthew will be discussing employer visa program options
- Jenna Howard, Grant Manager, Maine’s Midcoast & Islands
- Thomas Peaco, Executive Director, Penobscot Bay Regional Chamber of Commerce