Thad represents entities of all sizes in defending against employment discrimination claims. He also specializes in defending financial institutions against lender liability suits. As a litigator with nearly 30 years experience, all with Eaton Peabody, Thad has represented clients in all types of commercial disputes, railroad litigation, securities litigation, products liability litigation, defamation and First Amendment litigation, and personal injury suits. Thad’s clients include business entities of all sizes, financial institutions, insurance companies, hospitals, railroads, newspapers and individuals.
Thad’s recent successes include the following:
- Obtained jury verdict after a week-long trial on behalf of Medical Research Facility in a suit brought by researcher alleging Whistleblower retaliation.
- Obtained jury verdict after a week-long trial on behalf of Hospital in suit brought by doctor alleging Whistleblower retaliation and disability discrimination.
- Obtained voluntary dismissal on eve of trial on behalf of Hospital in a case brought by a doctor and his physician assistant wife, alleging various theories of employment discrimination and violations of EMTALA.
- Obtained voluntary dismissal on eve of trial on behalf of Psychiatric Hospital in a case brought by an employee alleging Whistleblower retaliation.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of Bank in a suit brought by a depositor alleging negligence and breach of fiduciary duty.
- Obtained a permanent injunction on behalf of a nationwide artificial cattle insemination company against a former employee enforcing a non-compete obligation.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a large landlord in a racial discrimination lawsuit brought by a former tenant in federal court.
- Defeated an attempt by an employee to establish individual supervisor liability in federal court lawsuit asserting state rights.
- Achieved favorable settlements at all stages of litigation on behalf of numerous clients in lawsuits brought in state and federal court.
Thad speaks widely to groups and institutions throughout the state on employment-related, lender liability and general litigation topics. An accomplished tenor soloist with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Voice from Carnegie-Mellon University, Thad can be heard in numerous live venues, on television and on radio singing sacred, secular and patriotic repertoire.
Thad resides in Veazie with his wife Sarah (also an Eaton Peabody attorney) and their youngest child Anna, aged 18.