Thad specializes in civil litigation with an emphasis in employment discrimination defense. He also represents clients in commercial disputes, lender liability litigation, railroad litigation, securities litigation, and personal injury litigation before state and federal courts. He practices also in the areas of defamation and First Amendment law. Thad’s clients include insurance companies, business entities of all sizes, banks, railroads, newspapers and individuals.
Thad’s recent successes include the following:
- Obtained jury verdict after a week-long trial on behalf of Hospital in suit brought by doctor alleging Whistleblower retaliation and disability discrimination.
- Obtained a permanent injunction on behalf of a nationwide artificial cattle insemination company against a former employee enforcing a non-compete obligation.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a large landlord in a racial discrimination lawsuit brought by a former tenant in federal court.
- Defeated an attempt by an employee to establish individual supervisor liability in federal court lawsuit asserting state rights.
- Achieved favorable settlements at all stages of litigation on behalf of numerous employers in lawsuits brought in state and federal court.
Thad speaks to numerous groups throughout the state on employment-related and general litigation topics. An accomplished tenor soloist with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Voice Performance from Carnegie-Mellon University, Thad can be heard in numerous live venues, on television and on radio singing sacred, secular and patriotic repertoire.
Thad resides in Old Town with his wife Sarah (also an Eaton Peabody attorney) and their children Daniel, age 20, and Anna, age 12.